Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 7:20am
With another week of negative temperatures ahead of us, we could all use a bit of soup! Providing a week of warmth and comfort, Rockit Bar & Grill (River North) and Rockit Burger Bar (Wrigleyville) are hosting their first annual Soup Fest.
Next week Monday through Friday (Feb. 3-7), you can get cozy with a new soup every day of the week. In addition to the daily specials, the kitchen is serving a childhood throwback: Vegetable Alphabet Soup featuring an assortment of veggies, alphabet pasta and vegetable broth.
- Monday (River North only): Hearty Beef Stew - beef tenderloin pieces, barley, tomato, mushrooms, cheddar-chive biscuit
- Tuesday: Seafood Bouillabaisse Stew - shrimp, calamari, white fish, fennel, tomato, saffron broth, grilled baguette with garlic aioli
- Wednesday: Smoked Chicken Chowder - pulled smoked chicken, corn, leek, sourdough bread bowl
- Thursday: Roasted Carrot Soup - with fennel-pine nut pesto, sourdough croutons
- Friday: Cheddar Ale Soup - sharp cheddar cheese, beer, potatoes, bacon garnish, served in a pretzel bread bowl
Photo credit: Rockit Ranch