Toast The 1960s’ Glamorous Side With A Cocktail Centric Soirée
The Local Tourist and The Drinkingbird invite Chicagoans to celebrate the glamorous side of the 1960s with cocktails and a swanky Sixties Soirée. The cocktail centric event will take place Thursday, November 14thfrom 6:00pm - 9:00pm at The Drinkingbird in Lincoln Park.
For three hours guests will sip on six classic 1960s’ cocktails, nosh on passed hors d'oeuvres and move to the music, all while dressed in your best Dean Martin and Marilyn Moore inspired attire.
Once you arrive you'll have your choice of these delectable libations:
- Manhattan with bourbon, Grand Marnier, Carpano Antica, orange and angostura bitters.
- Gin Martini with Plymouth Gin, Cocchi Americano, orange bitters and a lemon twist.
- Negroni with St. George Botanivore, Grand Classico, Byrhh Grand Quiquina and orange bitters.
- "Sloe" gin Fizz with Plymouth gin, Averell Damson, lemon, simple syrup and soda water.
- "Fall" Old Fashioned with Lairds Applejack, Demerara, Angostura and cherry bark vanilla bitters.
- Sidecar with Pierre Ferrand 1840, Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao, lemon and simple syrup.
Best Dressed Contest
It's a high class cocktail bash set in a time when men wore suits, Jackie Kennedy was a style icon and the Rat Pack was playing in Vegas. So break out your dinner jackets, show off your best do and you could win a membership to The Local Tourist's new Liquid Inspirations event series (coming soon!) and gift cards from The Drinkingbird.
Tickets are just $35 ($40 at the door) for three hours of craft cocktails, passed hors d'oeuvres, funk & soul and the best time you'll have this fall. RSVP online and we'll have your name on the list.
When: Thursday, Nov. 14th (6:00pm – 9:00pm)
Where: The Drinkingbird, 2201 N. Clybourn (at Webster)
Tickets: $35 online or $40 at the door