Cure Cabin Fever with this Weekend's Event Lineup
If you've been feeling pent-up from this week's never-ending monsoon, check out this weekend's lineup of events--it'll be sure to cure your cabin fever.
- CIMM FEST: Get your movie and music fix in one: From Thursday to Sunday, venues around Wicker Park and Logan Square will be hosting concerts, documenteries, films, shorts and more as part of the Chicago International Movies and Music Festival. Tickets vary for individual concerts; all-access pass is $50.
- GRAZE RELEASE PARTY: Celebrate the third issue of Chicago's food lit magazine, Graze, at Intuit on Saturday at 8 p.m. at Intuit gallery, 756 N. Milwaukee. A $10 ticket will buy you a copy of the mag, access to the "Culinary Confession Booth," and raffle prizes from Provenance Food & Wine, Fat Rice, Burhop's Seafood, and more.
- RECORD STORE DAY: Switch off Spotify and visit your neighborhood record store on Saturday! Check out this list of participating record stores in Chicago.
- LETTER WRITING: In celebration of National Letter Writing Month, Loyola Press is hosting a free letter writing event in Andersonville on Sunday from 12-3 p.m. They'll supply typewriters, stationery and stamps, and you do the writing! (Full disclosure: I do work for Loyola Press and am unabashedly promoting the event, but hey, it's free stationery and letter writing!)
- SCOFFLAW: Drink a little, shop a little, eat a little at Scofflaw's Afternoon Bazaar on Sunday from 1-5 p.m. Patrons can grab a gin-infused drink at TimeOut Chicago's Best New Bar while they shop Chicago-made goodies.
Photo courtesy of Scofflaw.