With only a little over a week left until Christmas, are you done with shopping for the foodie on your list? If not, do not despair! I have two fabulous gift ideas that will sure please the savory or sweet foodie. I certainly would love these gifts for myself, quite honestly. These options represent the best in local monthly food gifts.
Pasta Season Pass
Here is how it works:
1. Each month new pasta is created that is seasonaly-inspired in four styles - baked, shaped, flat, and filled (lasagna, ravioli, farfalle, and tagliatelle are exlcuded). Each pasta serves two people. You essentially receive four dinners for two every month!
2. You also will receive two recipes to coordinate with the pastas, along with a seasonal sauce to pair.
3. Choose either a meat or vegetable track.
4. Choose a time track, either 3-month or 6-month. 3-month membership is $189 (tax not included) and 6-month membership is $375 (tax not included). Note: 6-month membership includes a bottle of Pasta Puttana olive oil for the first month.
The Season Pass starts Thursday, January 16, 2014 and all consecutive pick-ups/deliveries will be on the second Thursday of the month.
Monthly Chocolate Collection
For the sweet tooth on your list, this will not disappoint (I'm drooling as I write this!). If you have read my posts on Katherine Anne Confections, you will understand why this is a tasty gift! With a Chocolate Collection membership, you will receive early preview to seasonal flavors. Here is what to expect:
1. Each month you will receive 7-8 limited addition truffle flavors, 5 caramel flavors, and the monthly flavored marshmallow.
2. You can sign up for one month (1 box), one season (3 boxes), or one glorious year (12 boxes).
3. Each box also includes a sheet describing each treat with tasting notes, signed by the confectionista.
3. Boxes are shipped and can be ordered on the site.
Photo credits: Jessica Volpe, Pasta Puttana and Katherine Duncan, Katherine Anne Confections