Get ready, fashionistas: we are officially in festival season. Pitchfork and Lollapalooza are right around the corner, while Hideout, North Coast and Riot Fest are soon to follow. That means, looking chic while staying cool. It’s time to dig through the closet and hit the stores for just the right outfit. Let’s be real, there’ll be outfits. Many, many outfits. We got your covered where to start.
- We always have a lot of goods to carry during a music festival… sunscreen, extra water, trail mix. You name it. Get a durable carry-all like a roll top bag from Mildblend Supply Co. (1342 N. Milwaukee). Also, keep this place in mind if you're looking for a sleek pair of jeans.
- The epitome of hippie chic: Free People. Take in the atmosphere at the Wicker Park shop (1464 N. Milwaukee). Even if you don’t snag something (and I can’t see why you wouldn’t), you can always get ideas on what you already own.
- Another shop perfect for taking in the atmosphere. Hubba Hubba (2040 W. Roscoe) focuses on casual clothing with a cool vibe, as well as plenty of bohemian-inspired heavy metal (we’re talking about jewelry here). And I’d say it helps that the clothing is super affordable.
- Shield your eyes from that blazing sun with a pair of cool sunnies. Yeah, you could put on a pair of Ray-Bans but how about something with a little more edge? Oliver People (941 Rush Street) has the largest selection of face-framing mirrored aviators and stylish 1960s tortoise frames.
- Take in the sun without getting burned. A sleek fedora is the perfect finishing accessory. Stop into either of the Goorin Bros. Hat Shop locations (3243 N. Broadway and 1533 N. Milwaukee). Depending on your look, you can decide on a classic baseball cap or wide-brim straw headpiece.
- Need something with a bit more of a vintage flair? Squasht by Les (2556 W. Chicago) focuses on fitted caps in fun prints and bright colors.
Check out more Lollapalooza coverage right here on TLT. We’re covering everything from where to stay and what after parties to attend to fashion and Lolla food. And to keep the info coming, subscribe to TLT.