Your cart is currently empty!
20th Anniversary of Lake Geneva Winterfest and the US National Snow Sculpting Competition
Lake Geneva is the place to be this winter. The summer playground becomes a winter wonderland with both the 20th anniversary of Lake Geneva Winterfest and the US National Snow Sculpting Competition taking place January 28 through February 1 (and beyond).
The fun begins on Wednesday, January 28, when talented artists from around the country begin building beautiful snow sculptures. They must be done by 11am on Saturday and ready for judging. You, too, can get in on the fun by voting for your favorite sculpture for the People’s Choice Award. You’ll have until 2pm to cast your vote and all awards will be given out at 3pm.
In addition to the competition there’s a slew of fun activities for kids of all ages. There will be live music, ice harvesting and ice boating workshops, a stunning ice bar carved by Guinness Book of World Records ice carver Max Zuleta at Baker House 1885, a Cocoa Crawl in downtown Lake Geneva, a Winter Carnival at Grand Geneva Resort and Spa, and even helicopter rides. Yes, helicopter rides!
The Riviera Marketplace will also be open Saturday, January 31 from 10 am – 4 pm and Sunday, February 1 from 10 am – 3 pm. Visitors can enjoy entertainment, food, exhibitor information and souveniers, and much more! All around town there will be specials on dining, shopping and accommodations as well.
The fun continues the next week with even more exciting and unique events:
- February 2: Laser tag battlefield at the Geneva Lake Family YMCA from 4 – 8. All proceeds from this event will benefit the Lake Geneva YMCA.
- February 3: Bonfire on Riviera Beach. Enjoy roasting marshmallows and drinking hot cocoa while you warm up with family and friends. All proceeds from this event benefit the Lake Geneva Fire department.
- February 4: Soup-er Magical Evening at the Riviera Ballroom. Children of all ages will enjoy soups from the area restaurants as they watch the magic unfold in a magnificent show. The night ends with music, games, contests, and dances. The proceeds from this event will benefit the local food pantry.
- February 5: Lake Geneva Winterfest BINGO night at The Cove. Proceeds from this event will benefit the Genoa City Lions Club.
- February 6-7: Human Dog Sled Races. To find out more about that or to sign up for a team, visit http://www.lakegenevawi.com/Events/EventDetails.aspx?id=3182
For more information about the 20th Anniversary of Lake Geneva’s Winterfest and the US National Snow Sculpting Competition, visit www.lakegenevawi.com or call 800-345-1020.
This post brought to you by Lake Geneva, WI, so we can bring you to them.