Thousands visit The Local Tourist to find events and fun things to do. When people look for events in Chicago, they find The Local Tourist.
Good news for you: our basic listing is free!
If, however, you really want to knock it out of the park, our Premium Event Listings give your events marquee treatment with highlighted placement. Your event will appear on our Featured Events page and on our home page. We also offer a Premium Event Listing subscription (coming soon).
In addition to premium placement, upgraded events are shared to our social audience. Your event will be posted on Twitter not just once, but twice, and according to socialbluebook.com one Tweet from @thelocaltourist is worth $183!
Want to really get the word out? Email our list! We only send out one dedicated email a week, so your event will definitely stand out. Contact us for details.
Whichever option you choose, if you want people searching for events in Chicago to find yours, make sure it’s on The Local Tourist.
How to add your event to The Local Tourist
Once you’re logged in, visit our Add Events page. Your event will be saved as a draft and will be published once we’ve had a chance to review. Allow up to three business days. If your event is time sensitive and you need faster approval, please let us know.
Please note that the following will not be published and will not appear on our calendar:
- Menu items
- Food & Drink specials – use this form instead
- Personnel changes, i.e. new manager, chef, etc.
- Discounts and sales, i.e. hotel packages, discounted admission
Adding Events Instructions
Here are instructions on the fields available in our events calendar:
- Title: This should be the events title ONLY. No dates, please, and keep it short. Super long titles (more than 80 characters) won’t be published.
- Event Description: add all the details of your event.
- Event Time & Date:
- Add your start and end dates and times. Unless this event is overnight, the dates should be the same.
- Does your event repeat? Click on Schedule Multiple Events
- Event Image: Upload your image. Make sure it’s a small file (<200kb), or your event will load slowly!
- Event Categories: Choose the appropriate categories. Use CTRL or command + click to choose multiple
- Venue Details: Begin typing to select from existing venues, or add a new one.
- If your event is a pop-up or a street fest without a permanent location, add the address or intersection as the Venue name.
- Organizer Details: If a company is sponsoring/hosting this event, you can add their info here.
- Event Website: Include the FULL URL, including https://
- Ticket Information
- Tickets: Include the FULL URL of the ticket link, including https://
- Discount: Offering a discount code? Add it here.
- Event Cost: Include only the number. If there’s a price range, add the $ symbol on the second amount. i.e. 25 – $50
Click on Submit Event! Your event will be reviewed within three business days.
UPGRADE YOUR EVENT
Taking advantage of our free event listing is great, but what if you want more?
What if you want your event to be on our home page, on our dedicated Chicago events page, and on our Featured events page?
What if you want to reach The Local Tourist’s social audience on Twitter and Facebook?
How much would that be worth to you?
Well, don’t worry – we won’t charge that much. In fact, you can get all of the above for just $
49 $29! Since we just launched our redesigned site, you can get a Premium Event Listing for only $29. This special price is only available through August 9*.
How to promote your event listing
First, create your event. Then fill out the form below. That’s it!
You could even show up in our subscribers’ inboxes with an email all your very own! Contact us for details.
Add Your Event Listing
Are you registered and logged in? Great!
Host multiple events? Upgrade to our Premium Event Listing Subscription (coming soon)!