This Thursday you can mix and mingle with some of Chicago’s best chefs (and nosh on their delicious cuisine) while raising money for a good cause. Cooking Up a Cure for Scleroderma is one of the tastiest fundraisers of the year.
The event is chaired by Cleetus Friedman, and he knows everyone in the restaurant industry. Just take a look at who he’s rounded up to participate:
- Stephanie Izard
- Jason Hamel
- Tom Van Lent
- Thomas Leavitt
- Rick Gresh
- Todd Stein
- Nathan Sears
- Barry Sorkin
- Ashlee Aubin
- Katsuji Tanabe
- Carol Goldman
- Katherine Duncan
- Greg Laketek
- Joseph Rizza
- Chris Pandel
- Mandy Gohr
- Jimmy Bannos
- Dan Weiland
- Brian Jupiter
…representing these restaurants: AceBounce, Bittersweet Pastry Shop, Carol’s Cookies, Forbidden Root, Formento’s, Katherine Anne Confections, Heaven on Seven, Lula Café, Prime & Provisions, Smoque BBQ, Stone Brewing, White Oak Gourmet, Begyle Brewing, Two Brothers Brewing, Cask & Courtesy, Deep Eddy Vodka, Few Spirits, West Loop Salumi, The Winchester, The Wit Hotel, Salero, Swift & Sons, Duck Duck Goat, The Lakefront, Barrio and more!
You’ve gotta have something to drink, so they’ve partnered with Few Spirits, Deep Eddy Vodka, Begyle Brewing, Cask & Courtesy, Two Brothers Brewing, Stone Brewing Co., Candid Wines, Elijah Craig, and Larceny Bourbon.
It’s pretty much a who’s who of what to eat and drink, and it’s all to help provide support, education and research to scleroderma patients and their families.
Ticketing options are below. Incredibly, there are still tickets available, but I wouldn’t wait!
VIP Tickets (Individual tickets or tables of 8) $185
5:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Enjoy everything included with general admission, plus arrive early and get the VIP treatment with exclusive benefits including:
- Private reception before the event from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Multi-course tasting menu from Chef Michael Shrader of Old Irving Brewing
- Beer and cocktail pairings to accompany the tasting menu
- Priority reserved table seating for the evening
- Early entry and first look at the silent auction table
General Admission Tickets $125
6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
- Enjoy chef creations from our amazing line-up of restaurants
- Beer, wine and specialty cocktails from our amazing beverage sponsors
- BBQ and whiskey in the outdoor courtyard
- Check out the silent auction table for great prizes
Cooking Up a Cure is September 14, 2017, at Galleria Marchetti. Click here to get your tickets and support a good cause with Chicago’s culinary best.
Photos Christina Noel Photography