Nope, that’s not a typo in that title. I really did mean to write “Pi”. See, Monday is Pi Day! The mathematical constant used in engineering, science, statistics, and of course, math, beings with 3.14 and goes on into infiniti.
The Illinois Science Council thinks that’s worth celebrating, so they’ve invited local restaurants and bakeries to put their best Pi forward. Participants include:
- Bennison’s Bakery, 1000 Davis St., Evanston, 847-328-9434, BennisonsCakes.com (Monday 6am – 7pm). Offering individual pies (Boston Cream, Apple, Cherry and Chocolate Cream) for $3.14.
- Sarah’s Pastries and Candies, 70 E. Oak Street, Chicago, 312-664-6223, SarahsCandies.com. Offering a slice of their signature sour cherry pie with crumble topping for $3.14.
- Swirlz Cupcakes, 705 W. Belden, Chicago, 773-404-2253, SwirlzCupcakes.com, (Monday 10am-7pm). Offering “Pi” and “Einstein” cupcakes for $3.14. A special treat if you come in at 3:14pm and mention the Illinois Science Council!
- Baking for the Taking, BakingForTheTaking.com, 773-951-5025. On-line orders only. Call for special.
- Artopolis Chicago, Bakery, Cafe & Agora, 306 S. Halsted, Chicago, 312-559-9000 (Monday 9am-12am) ArtopolisChicago.com. Offering “Pi”-shaped traditional cookies and their signature menu item, Arto-PI-tas, for only $3.14 all day Monday.
- My Pie Pizza, 2010 N. Damen, Chicago, 773-394-6900 (Monday 11am-10pm ) and 1361 Shermer, Northbrook, 847-715-9009, (Monday 11am-9pm), MyPiePizza.com. Offering a slice of Pi and a fountain drink for $3.14 (limit 2) at both the Bucktown and Northbrook locations.
Photo credit: Mykl Roventine