Content & Community Management Intern
The Local Tourist is a local lifestyle magazine, business directory, and events calendar. It’s one of the top resources for both locals and tourists looking for places to go, things to do, and people to meet and includes a TLTeam of people in the know covering the city's top events, businesses, and news. It also boasts a significant social media presence.
The Local Tourist was selected as a Fox Chicago Cool Website, and Founder & Publisher Theresa Carter is an Emmy winner for her work in Online Interactive Media.
The Content & Community Management Intern will be responsible for creating, maintaining and updating content, as well as fostering the online community.
- Increase reach of TLT with additional content
- Ensure site accuracy & usability
- Foster user community
- Add new content (blog posts, events, business listings)
- Monitor user-generated content
- Interact with community
- Attend networking events
- Excellent writing skills
- Internet savvy
- Experience with Social Networking tools (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck)
- Familiarity with basic HTML
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (e.g. Drupal, WordPress) a plus
- Work well independently – “hands on” attitude
- Detail oriented
- Enjoy developing and interacting with a community
- Love your city!
The position, while unpaid, offers significant learning opportunities and experience with an Emmy-winning leader in Chicago’s online community. Completion of this internship will result in improved writing skills, a firm grasp on how to build community and brand loyalty, and intensive social media education and interaction. Based on performance there will also be opportunities to attend dining, theater, music and other events.
Successful candidates will commit to a minimum of 15 hours a week for a period of three months. There will be one in-person meeting per week with the remainder telecommuting.
We are currently accepting applications. To apply, fill out the form below and attach your resume.