Hearth Restaurant, located in the Homestead Hotel in Evanston, opened just one month ago but has already made an impact with discerning diners. After our initial review of the restaurant, we were delighted to schedule the final Chef’s Table of 2015 at Hearth for Tuesday, December 15.
Executive Chef John “Woody” Linton and beverage manager Ryan Scheler put together a phenomenal menu paired with some exquisite wines, beers, and cocktails. The 26 lucky participants in the Chef’s Table were treated to the following outstanding menu:
- Utah Prosciutto – spiced walnuts, sage pesto, fried capers, honey
- Grilled Gem Lettuce – black bean vinaigrette, spicy mango, red quinoa
- Crispy Crab Cake – panko, béarnaise, micro-herb salad
- Potato Gnocchi – prosciutto Bolognese-mozzarella, fried sage, citrus zest
- Chicken Roulade -albufera, pancetta and Yukon gold potato puree, sweet greens
- Svickova – beef tenderloin, garlic spaetzle, wild mushroom, sour cream-dill sauce
- Macadamia Nut Mahi Mahi – braised bok choy, fried rice, soy-orange garlic-ginger sauce
- Cheese Platter
- Warm Pecan Tart – vanilla bean ice cream
Hearth is open Tuesday-Thursday, 5-9:30 p.m.; Friday-Saturday, 5-10 p.m. and Sunday, 5-9:30 p.m. They are closed on Monday. For more information, visit the Hearth website. Follow their social media conversations on Facebook and Twitter. For reservations, visit Open Table.
Chef’s Table Events bring foodies together in an exclusive, intimate setting. Each restaurant we visit takes care to show off its best, and each experience is exquisite. Whether it’s barbecue and beer, tapas and sangria, or Italian and wine, each event is unique and is an ideal way to explore Chicago’s culinary scene without spending a fortune. For more information on Chef’s Table Events, visit https://chicago.thelocaltourist.com/chefs-table-events-membership.