Your cart is currently empty!
I'll Take One Of Those…
Every time I get near the shores of Lake Michigan in the summer I see all those boats on the water and sigh. Oh, to be in one of those pleasure crafts, enjoying the sun, the wind, and the incredible Chicago skyline. I was able to do just that recently aboard the new Mastercraft 300 and now when I pass by them I do so with even more yearning.
A team including the chief engineer made a stop in Chicago as part of their nationwide tour that’s bringing the boat to harbors all across the country. Mastercraft is known for ski and wakeboard boats but they felt there was something missing in the yacht category, so they created the 300 to fill that gap. It’s a 30-footer, but Chief Engineer Kurt Bergstrom has filled it with features that you’d normally only see in much larger craft. His background’s in luxury yachts so he’s applied many of those standards. For example:
- A head, with shower, that’s large enough that people over 5’4″ can actually stand up
- Complete customization, including color schemes, fabrics, etc. You can even choose from exotic woods like wenge, a timber my artist father has used in his custom work
- A grill on deck. Yes, a grill. And a refrigerator or icemaker. That’s in addition to the fridge in the cabin. Sweet.
- Climate-controlled cabin, so you won’t be too hot or too cold; you’ll be just right
- An LCD TV that can face the berth or the seating area
- A completely waterproof TV on deck (in case the view stinks, I guess)
- Leather header instead of the normal felt
- A reclinable lounge chair on the bow that seats two
- Double-curved Mercedes Benz blue glass. This doesn’t “do” anything special, it just looks cool