Chicago is home to several ethnic communities, bringing cultures from all over the world to the Midwest. Navy Pier, 600 E Grand Ave, celebrates that diversity with Neighborhoods of the World. This weekly program showcases the unique cultural identities of nine countries with folk music, traditional dance, native costumes, authentic cuisine, creative crafts and much more.
The series opens with a celebration of the Chinese New Year on September 21. The events are from noon to 4pm and are free and open to the public.
Neighborhoods of the World 2016 Schedule
- Sunday, February 21: Celebrate Chinese New Year
- Sunday, February 28: Celebrate Africa
- Sunday, March 6: Celebrate Italy
- Sunday, March 13: Celebrate Lithuania
- Sunday, March 20: Philippines Celebration
- Sunday, March 27: Greek Celebration
- Sunday, April 3: Celebrate Mexico
- Sunday, April 10: Celebrate Poland
- Sunday, April 17: Celebrate Amazing India
Photo courtesy Navy Pier