This article is from 2014. Don't worry - we've got 2016 New Year's Eve Celebrations in Chicago, too!
New Years Eve is normally the most expensive night of the year, however there are deals to be had if you know where to look. There's plenty of affortable unpretentious fun happening Wednesday, December 31 in Chicago's Division Street Entertainment District - better known as Rush and Divison. Legendary bars such as The Original Mother’s, The Lodge Tavern, The Hangge-Uppe, Mother’s Too, She-nannigans House of Beer, Bootleggers, Pippin’s Tavern, Streeter’s Tavern, as well as Lincoln Park’s River Shannon, and River West’s Mahoney’s Pub & Grille are offering New Years Eve fun without breaking the bank.
The Original Mother’s and The Hangge-Uppe will be open from 8p.m. to 4a.m. and offer an advanced ticket option with guaranteed entry before 10p.m. For only $20, the party ticket will include party favors at midnight and live DJ entertainment all night. Tickets may be purchased in advance online HERE.
In River West, Mahoney’s Pub & Grille will be open from 8p.m. to 2a.m. and offer an advanced ticket option with guaranteed entry before 11p.m. For only $25, the party ticket will include an appetizer buffet until 11pm, party favors at midnight and live DJ entertainment all night. Tickets may be purchased in advance online HERE.
The Lodge Tavern, She-nannigans House of Beer, Bootleggers, Pippin’s Tavern, Streeter’s Tavern, Mother’s Too, and River Shannon will offer the usual New Year’s Eve merriment with a champagne toast and party favors at midnight, with no cover charge. Entry will be based on space availability. Both Mother’s Too and River Shannon will close at 2a.m., while the rest of the establishments will be open until 4a.m.
- The Original Mother’s - 26 West Division Street in Chicago – 312-642-7251
- The Lodge Tavern - 21 West Division in Chicago – 312-642-4406
- The Hangge-Uppe - 14 West Elm in Chicago – 312-337-0561
- Mother’s Too - 14 West Division – 312-266-7444
- She-nannigans House of Beer - 16 West Division – 312-642-2344
- Bootleggers - 13 West Division Street in Chicago – 312-266-0944
- Pippin’s Tavern - 806 North Rush Street in Chicago – 312-787-5435
- Streeter’s Tavern - 50 East Chicago – 312-944-5206
- River Shannon - 425 West Armitage in Chicago – 312-944-5087
- Mahoney’s Pub & Grille - 551 North Ogden in Chicago – 312-733-2121