Singles, get ready to mingle! Sure, Valentine’s Day can suck if you’re single, but that doesn't mean it should.
Instead of downing a pint of Chunky Monkey and watching a marathon of romcoms, take advantage of the city and go cause some trouble.
- Spark a romance than by kicking it old school on retro arcade games and pinball at Headquarters in Lakeview. Speed dating meets arcade gaming from 7-9pm with “speed-cadeing.” Tickets are $10.00 and includes two drinks and a shot - because who doesn’t love liquid courage. Sign up online.
- If wino is your forte, The Boarding House has you covered from 6-8pm with a Wine Lover's Soiree. Mingle with other oenophiles and taste Master Sommelier Singh Alpana's most romantic wine picks, paired with passed appetizers. Tickets are $45
- To all the single ladies, dance the blues away with hits with a 90’s dance party at ¡AY CHIWOWA! And if you need something to loosen up, order the Party Glass Margaritas (56 oz) for $35.
- Single and taken folks will co-exist at Rockit Burger Bar’s Valentine’s Day themed party with Jim Beam and Skinny Girl Cocktails. From 7-9pm, this party is a great way for all of your friends to start a Friday night in Wrigleyville. Tickets are $15 and include small bites and cocktails.
- Stride past as tables of monotonous couples at Sunda as you head to the upstairs lounge for the VIP Singles and Sushi party (8-11pm)! Featuring a live DJ, passed appetizers, a buffet, wine, sake, beer and themed cocktails, tickets are $50 per person.
- One of Chicago’s best clubs for singles, The Underground is starting the night early for an exclusive Valentine’s Day reception with champagne and desserts from 10-11pm. This might not sound like a singles event, but stick around until 1am and the bar will be pack with Chicago’s finest singles.
Photo source: The Underground