If you still have shopping to do, don't panic; we're here to help. We've hand-picked some gift suggestions that will help you finish all of your shopping with time to spare. Show your love for your loved ones and your love for your city at the same time with these Chicago gift ideas.
WORLD SERIES CHAMPION Chicago Cubs Gifts
Let me repeat that, because it sounds sooooo sweet: World Series Champion Chicago Cubs! Commemmorate the occasion with apparel, A Win for the Ages photo book, and the Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Champions Commemorative Blu-Ray. Today and tomorrow only use code FS50 and get free shipping your order over $50! Browse the official MLB Shop* to find the perfect gift. (p.s. They've got White Sox gear, too!)
As sure as God made green apples, any Cubs fan would love a gift from Harry Caray's. Harry Caray's is a Chicago icon, and if you've been to Harry Caray's Restaurant then you've seen the memorabilia. Why not pick some up for the Chicago sports fan in your life? You can visit the original location on Kinzie, or go to Harry Caray's 7th Inning Stretch in Water Tower Place.
Spirits of Christmas Present
Chicago is home to some delicious distilleries, and one of our favorites is Koval. The first distillery to open within the city limits after prohibition, they're farm-to-bottle and make all of their spirits from scratch. Stop by their Ravenswood location, 5121 N Ravenswood, to pick up some of their award-winning liqueurs and spirits. If you can't make it to their store you can buy apparel, tickets to a tour, and gift certificates for classes in their online store. You can also find them at your local Binny's (which also delivers!).
An Elevated Experience
Where are the best views of the city? From the air! Give the gift of a Chicago Helicopter Experience tour and you'll give a memory to be cherished for a lifetime. Operating out of their own dedicated space between Pilsen and Bridgeport, the tours give you a literal birds-eye view of Chicago's majestic skyline and lakefront. Now through January 1 you can also take their Holiday Lights Tour, an evening flight which showcases the lights on Magnificent Mile, the Chicago Christmas Tree, and ZooLights at Lincoln Park Zoo. The public tours seat up to six people. For a more intimate experience (say, an engagement or anniversary) private charters are available.
BONUS: There's a Groupon available! Chicago Helicopter Experience is located at 2420 South Halsted Street.
Noshes & Nibbles
Shopping for the foodie in your life may just be the easiest gifts to find. While there's a plethora of options in Chicago, we've got a few suggestions that would make a welcome appearance under any foodie's tree (hint hint...).
- A Lettuce Entertain You gift gives back. For every $100 in gift certificates you purchase you'll get $25 for yourself. You can get classic cards, or select the e-gift card option to get a certificate in any amount you choose. That could be a clever way to celebrate a significant number in the recipient's life, like an anniversary, birthday, or age. The group not only has restaurants in Chicago, but they also have spots in Milwaukee, California, Las Vegas, and more.
- For the discerning cheese lover, order one of Pastoral Artisan Cheese, Bread and Wine's holiday gift baskets. With FedEx shipping you can order up through December 21st at 3pm (although I wouldn't recommend waiting that long!) for Christmas delivery. You can also make your own. Their staff is one of the most knowledgeable collection of cheesemongers in the city and they'd be happy to help you craft your own custom selection. You could even create multiple, unique baskets for loved ones with varying tastes. They've also got monthly clubs so you can give a gift that keeps on giving. Stop by one of their four locations (2945 N Broadway, 5212 N Clark, 53 E Lake, 131 N Clinton) to begin your selections or make it super easy on yourself and order a gift card.
- For the hands-on foodie a cooking class will fit the bill. The Chopping Block offers classes for vegetarians, football fans, and bloody mary lovers and more at their two locations (Merchandise Mart Plaza and 4747 N Lincoln). Serious chefs can take their boot camps for in-depth instruction.
TLTip: Time your gift-getting with one of their happy hours and you can sip on wine specials while shopping.
The Play's the Thing
Chicago is home to literally hundreds of theaters. Big and small, storefront to off-broadway, black box to majestic playhouses, the stage fan can find a genre and production to fit any desire. At this time of year many of them also offer savings that will make perfect gifts.
- Broadway in Chicago offers subscriptions as low as $100 for five shows.
- Steppenwolf's Black Card gives you six ticket credits to use for any programming. You can choose Preview, Weeknight, or Anytime credits. They can use one at a time or all six if they want to bring friends (including a certain gift-giver). If you've got a 20-something theater lover Steppenwolf RED is only $100 and gives them six tickets.
- Bring the whole family with the Chicago Children's Theater Holiday Family 4 Pass for $75.
- Get deeply discounted tickets to shows all over Chicago with Goldstar*. You can get tickets for everything from Broadway In Chicago's The Illusionists - Live From Broadway and STOMP to Lyric Opera's My Fair Lady to Joffrey Ballet's The Nutcracker and many, many more. It's a free sign-up and your sure to find the perfect theater gift.
Give the Gift of Chicago
There's a reason millions of people visit Chicago every year. Actually, there are several reasons, and many of them are the incredible museums and attractions. Give the gift of your favorite city this year with a Go Chicago Card*.
With one card your loved one can take architecture tours and visit all of Chicago's major museums, including the whole Museum Campus and the Art Institute of Chicago. Both observation decks, 360 Chicago and Skydeck, are included. You can get them an all-inclusive pass or you can create your own. While you're at it, you might as well get one for yourself, right?
The "cards" are delivered via email and include a digital guidebook, so there's no waiting or wrapping (unless you want to, of course.). In addition to Chicago you can also get passes for San Diego, LA, Boston, New York City, Oahu, and more.