Here's a unique way to experience Chicago - ride your bike in the middle of the night with a few thousand of your closest friends! The L.A.T.E. Ride returns this August to help you explore the city with a 25-mile ride that takes you through neighborhoods and downtown Chicago.
The night starts at 10:30pm with a pre-ride festival with live music in Grant Park (Columbus and Balbo). Your ride begins around 1:30am and you'll return in time to see the sunrise over Lake Michigan. Have some breakfast and stretch your weary muscles with a Lisa from Gratitude Yoga.
We've partnered with the L.A.T.E. Ride with Friends of the Parks to share this unique experience. Use code THELOCALTOURIST to save $5 off your registration, and be sure to come say hello at our booth at the pre-ride festival!
- Cycle past downtown skyscrapers
- Explore cool Chicago neighborhoods
- Enjoy a rest stop with refreshments and high-energy music to keep you pumped up
- Experience the lakefront path under the stars
- View the sunrise over Lake Michigan
The L.A.T.E. Ride welcomes everyone at every fitness level
- About 50% male and 50% female
- 50% of riders come from Chicago suburbs, 30% from the City of Chicago, 20% from everywhere else!
- People have come from many states across the U.S., and even from other countries – The L.A.T.E. Ride is an awesome way to experience Chicago’s neighborhoods and lakefront whether you live locally or are visiting from the suburbs or out-of-town
10:30pm until 1:15am
Pre-Ride Festival at Buckingham Fountain - come see me at our booth!
- Live Music
- On-Site Registration and Packet Pick-Up
- Lots of vendors
- Contest and prizes for Best Lit Bike, Best Decorated Helmet and Craziest Pajamas
- Awesome people-watching
Ride begins from Buckingham Fountain starting at 1:30am
- Enjoy the 25-mile route
- Rest stop at Humboldt Park Boat House
- Breakfast back at Buckingham Fountain finish area
- Enjoy a morning yoga / stretch session with Gratitude Yoga at 4:30am, 5:00am and 5:30am.
- Watch the sun starting to rise over the lakefront about 5:45am!!