Movies on the Roof, Monthly Pairing Dinners at Packing House
Packing House, 1113 W Randolph St, is packing in the fun this August, with Movies on the Roof, Live Art, and the start of their Monthly Pairing Dinner series.
If you love the movie "Goonies" and you love Chicago you're in for a tough decision next Tuesday. Packing House boasts one of the best views of the skyline in the city and it's showing the 80s classic on its rooftop. But where do you look? The movie? The skyline? Oh, the choices! No matter where you choose to look your palate will be happy with Adult Apple Juice and choices from Chef Amanda Barnes' rooftop menu.
Speaking of Chef Barnes, you'll want to come back on Wednesday for the first in her monthly pairing series. On Wednesday, August 20, she'll host a six-course dinner paired with Goose Island beers. The full menu's below and the dinner is $55. Stick around after dinner for a live art show on the roof with local artist Michael K. Skrobinski (MKS) from 8pm to 10pm.
The following week you can see (or not see) "Clerks" and drink some Tallboys as you laugh at the back and forth between Brian O'Halloran and Jeff Anderson.
- Tuesday, August 19: Goonies
- Wednesday, August 20: Goose Island Pairing Dinner (menu below), followed by Live Art
- Thursday, August 26: Clerks
GOOSE ISLAND DINNER INCLUDES:
- Passed Apps:
- Bourbon County Bar nuts
- Dill Pollen Pork Fat
- Crispy Salami with Blue Cheese, Almonds and Honey
- First Course: Lovage Cured Fluke Crudo with Toasted Fennel and Coriander Berry Vinaigrette
- Second Course: Strawberry and Pork Belly Salad with Arugula and XO Sherry Maple Syrup Vinaigrette
- Third Course: Chicken Liver Mousse with Saltine Crackers and Red Onion Jam
- Fourth Course: Veal Mortadella with Roasted Corn Salad
- Fifth Course: Amish Chicken Thighs with Fried Smashed Fingerling Potatoes, Pickled Jalapeños, Herb Salad and Soy Caramel