We've got more music and food fests than you can shake a tambourine at this weekend, so get ready to chow down and then boogie down.
Here's your round-up of Chicago Festivals this weekend:
Taste of Chicago
When it comes to food festivals this one's the biggie. In addition to the rows of tents set up serving everything from rainbow ice cream to turkey legs, there are food trucks and pop-up restaurants. More than just food, this fest draws national acts to headline.
- When: Wednesday - Friday 11am to 9pm, Saturday and Sunday 10am to 9pm
- Neighborhood: Grant Park
- Where: Taste of Chicago, Grant Park, Jackson & Columbus
- Admission: Free; pavilion seats $15 - $50
Roscoe Village Burger Fest
If you're looking for the best burger in Chicago you just might find it here without having to drive all over the city. More than just patties on buns, this fest also has live music from The Smithereens, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, and Chicago's own I Fight Dragons.
- When: Saturday and Sunday 11am to 10pm
- Neighborhood: Roscoe Village
- Where: Belmont & Damen
- Admission: $10 suggested donation
artfest Michigan Avenue
There will be 100 juried artists at this new art fair on the Mag Mile, hosted by the same people who host the Millennium Art Festival and the Gold Coast Art Fair.
- When: Friday and Saturday 10am to 7pm, Sunday 10am to 5pm
- Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
- Where: artfest Michigan Avenue, Pioneer Ct, 435 N Michigan Ave
- Admission: Free
Irish American Heritage Festival
Festivals that end at 10pm? Not when you're Irish. They've got a whole lineup of musicians and dancers, food and drink, and - of course - a craft beer tent.
- When: Friday 6pm to 1am, Saturday 11am to 1am, Sunday 11am to 11pm
- Neighborhood: Albany Park
- Where: Irish American Heritage Center, 4626 N Knox
- Admission: Friday and Sunday $15, Saturday $20
Windy City Smokeout
Break out the boots and the cowboy hats; it's time for beer, bbq, and live country music in downtown Chicago.
- When: Friday through Sunday
- Neighborhood: River West
- Where: 560 W Grand
- Admission: $40 - $145
This new fest features three stages dedicated to Latin music, but not just any Latin music. It's the only fest of its kind dedicated exclusively to Latin Alternative.
- When: Friday 3pm, Saturday and Sunday 12pm
- Neighborhood: Pilsen
- Where: 1301 W 14th St
- Admission: $154.99; 3-day pass $254.99
Square Roots Festival
Awesome beer (5 Rabbit, Lagunitas, Temperance, Begyle, Solemn Oath, to name a few) and awesome music (Robbie Fulks, The Mekons, Urge Overkill) should come as no surprise, since this fest is put on by the folks of Old Town School of Folk Music.
- When: Friday 5pm, Saturday and Sunday 12pm
- Neighborhoods: Lincoln Square
- Where: 4400 N Lincoln Ave
- Admission: Free, $10 donation requested
Mamby On The Beach
House music on the beach! You'll get sand, sun (hopefully), a view of Chicago's skyline, and music from the likes of Empire of the Sun and Passion Pit.
- When: Saturday and Sunday 1pm to 10pm
- Neighborhood: Oakland
- Where: Oakwood Beach, 4100 S Lake Shore Dr
- Admission: $50 general admission; $25 designated driver
Taste of Lakeview
Don't want to hit the craziness of Taste of Chicago? Then eat up this neighborhood food fest instead.
- When: Saturday 12pm to 10pm and Sunday 12pm to 9pm
- Neighborhood: Lakeview
- Where: Lincoln Ave & Belmont
- Admission: $5 suggested donation
Bring your kids and your little dog, too, to this fest featuring neighborhood businesses, live art, and a kid fest and pet fest.
- When: Saturday and Sunday 12pm to 10pm
- Neighborhood: West Town
- Where: Chicago and Damen
- Admission: Free; $5 suggested donation
Here's your round-up of Chicago Suburban Festivals this weekend:
Buffalo Grove Art Festival
Buffalo Grove Town Center gets decked out in fine art this weekend with over 100 juried artists. Check out the art scavenger hunt and the spin art, too.
- When: Saturday and Sunday 10am to 5pm
- Suburb: Buffalo Grove
- Where: Lake Cook Rd & Route 83, Buffalo Grove
- Admission: Free
Taste of Westmont
This free fest offers carnival rides, a beer tent, lots of kids activities, and cover bands so you can sing along to your favorite hits.
- When: Thursday 5pm, Friday and Saturday 10am, Sunday 1pm
- Suburb: Westmont
- Where: 1 S Cass Ave, Westmont
- Admission: Free
Load up on delicious Greek food and then burn it off with Greek dancing. There will also be a marketplace inside and kids activities. Just want the food? Pick it up at their drive-thru.
- When: Friday 11am to 1pm and 5pm to 10pm, Saturday 12pm to 11pm, Sunday 12pm to 10pm
- Suburb: Elgin
- Where: Vasa Park, 35W217 Route 31, South Elgin
- Admission: $5
Plan beyond this weekend with our calendar of Chicago summer festivals.
Photo courtesy Square Roots Fest