Top o' the morning to you! It's St. Patrick's Day in Chicago and ten Irish-centric bars are rolling out the green carpet, so head out for some live music, Irish street performers, beer specials (regular and green), and a chance to take home some gold (in the form of $500 in cold, hard, cash).
Beginning at 5pm tonight the famed Rush & DIvision corridor will be filled with Irish pipers, drummers, and leprechauns on stilts and unicycles. Stop into any of the participating bars (listed below) for $5 regular and green Miller Lite drafts and $7.50 shots of Jameson.
While you're at it, be sure to look for the Lucky Charms at The Original Mother’s, She-nannigans, Bootleggers, Mother’s Too, The Lodge Tavern, and The Hangge-Uppe. Take a photo of each one you find and post it to Instagram with #DublinonDivision. Find and share all six and you could win the Pot O’Gold containing $500 cash to be given away at She-nannigans at 9PM. Winner must be present and participants must be 21 and over.
For some live music head to She-nannigans House of Beer from 5 to 8 for Kevin Flynn and the Avondale Ramblers (pictured above). 103.5 KISS FM Chicago starts a live broadcast at the bar at 6pm, and they'll be there until that Pot-O-Gold winner is announced.
There will be another live broadcast over in River West. The Loop 97.9 will be at Mahoney's Pub & Grille with the
Dillon-Gavin School of Irish Dance dancers at 6pm and Dr. Feelgood and the 80s Babies taking the stage at 8pm.
Here's a list of participating bars. Slainte!
- Bootleggers, 13 West Division Street in Chicago – 312-266-0944
- The Hangge-Uppe, 14 West Elm in Chicago – 312-337-0561
- The Lodge Tavern, 21 West Division in Chicago – 312-642-4406
- Mahoney’s Pub & Grille, 551 North Ogden in Chicago – 312-733-2121
- Mother’s Too, 14 West Division in Chicago – 312-266-7444
- The Original Mother’s, 26 West Division Street in Chicago – 312-642-7251
- Pippin’s Tavern, 806 North Rush Street in Chicago – 312-787-5435
- River Shannon, 425 West Armitage in Chicago – 312-944-5087
- She-nannigans House of Beer, 16 West Division in Chicago – 312-642-2344
- Streeter’s Tavern, 50 East Chicago in Chicago – 312-944-5206