Your cart is currently empty!
Pork and Mindy’s is ready to rock your taste buds in Wicker Park
An inventive new BBQ restaurant is redefining the local BBQ scene with a new and improved restaurant design, and exciting menu additions. Pork & Mindy’s, located at 1623 N. Milwaukee, features cheesy and gooey “sangwiches,” crunchy “tots,” and an enticing spinach salad as a lighter option. There is something for everyone.
Pork & Mindy’s is a creative BBQ concept led by Founder Kevin Corsello and Executive Chef and Food Network star Jeff Mauro. Together, they began shaping a vision for a brand that, at its core, would satisfy “the holy grail” of experiences and do what food, music and art has always done: bring people together. The duo has created a unique, funky, and fun environment to enjoy great food at reasonable prices.
On a recent visit, I sampled a few their new signature items. Be warned – bring your appetite and be prepared to ask for a take-out container. For both the various sandwiches and tot preparations the portions are huge and will satisfy even the biggest of appetites. Standout items for me included:
- Pastramindy Reuben – This griddled take on a Rueben combines Pork & Mindy’s house-cured, smoked, and hand-cut pastrami with P&M Mustard sauce and spicy pickles on a marble rye roll, hitting all the important points for a crunchy, gooey, smoky and cheesy sandwich.
- Three Big Pigs – The ultimate porker, this ‘sangwich’ features smoked pulled pork, crispy pork, Pig Candy, BBQ mayo, tempura-fried giardiniera, lettuce, and tomato on griddled brioche.
- Buffalo Cauli – A vegetarian’s dream come true, this ‘sangwich’ is filled with crispy smoked cauliflower steak, tossed in house-made buffalo sauce to bring the heat. It’s then topped with Gorgonzola and creamy buttermilk dill ranch. This revolutionary ingredient combo will make carnivores forget they ever liked meat!
- Cheezy Beef Tots – Slow-braised chuck, smoked mozzarella, smoked sweet peppers & giardiniera on tots. Because, why not?
- Pig Candy – candied bacon, dusted in brown sugar & slow smoked until brittle. ’Nuff said.
In addition to the new menu items, the Pork and Mindy’s flagship store announces a refresh to its interior, created by local Chicago multimedia fine artist Tracee Badway. Badway, whose work has been featured throughout the city at hotels, restaurants, and businesses, specializes in large-scale murals, among other mediums, and brings the space to life. New black brick walls pop with vibrant pink graffiti art, speaking to the bright and creative element of the food.
In addition to its Wicker Park flagship location, the concept is expanding nationwide, with plans to open 30 locations over the next three years. The renowned brand also has a line of signature BBQ sauces including Sweet Sauce, Sweet Heat Sauce, and Mustard Sauce, available at Mariano’s and online.
Pork & Mindy’s is located at 1623 N. Milwaukee Avenue at the intersection of Damen, Milwaukee and North. The restaurant is open Sunday through Thursday from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.; Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. For more information, call (773) 799-8759 or visit their website. You can follow their social media conversations on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.