With parking included, these late-winter and early-spring stays at this hip River North boutique are a no-brainer -- especially in April when rates around Chicago really start to skyrocket.
- $79 per night ... select dates through April 8
- Surrounding dates through April 30 also discounted
- Travelzoo members can choose between daily self-parking or a $10 daily credit toward food and drinks at the bar and cafe
Ranked Chicago's No. 4 Hotel by Conde Nast Traveler readersWhy We Love It
- Funky design, high-tech amenities and free Wi-Fi
- Playful perks include a “knock and drop” coffee delivery service
- Home to a craft cocktail lounge and bakery popular with locals and tourists alike
- The nation's first hotel to have an Amazon Echo in every room
A playful vibe and convenient location are the cornerstones of this downtown Chicago hotel. Graffiti murals splash the walls, albums cover the elevators and most rooms overlook a lightwell filled with local sculptures.
The saucy tone is carried into the room decor: bathroom mirrors are marked with a giant red kiss mark, and many of the walls are stamped with a large painted handprint. Rooms also feature high-tech perks like the ability to stream your own content on the smart TV and trendy takes on old-school amenities like chalkboards in lieu of “do not disturb” signs.
Aside from its hip vibe, the hotel’s greatest asset is its location -- two blocks from Michigan Avenue and in the heart of the bustling River North neighborhood. It’s the ideal home base to explore the area’s many restaurants and shops, and when it’s time to check out the rest of the city, an L stop is just steps away.
Even though the best of Chicago is just outside the front door, guests don't have to leave to have a great drink or quick bite. The hotel's cocktail bar, the Berkshire Room, is regularly ranked among the city's best, and the West Town Bakery cranks out top-rated cookies, donuts and cake balls along with grab-and-go sandwiches. The bakery is also in charge of the hotel's neat "knock-and-drop" coffee service -- just let the front desk know when you need your morning fix, and they'll drop off a thermos of java outside your room.