Now that the holidays are over, spend some of that cash you received on a trip to one of the best hotels in Chicago. You'll also receive a free room upgrade, complimentary parking and breakfast credit -- extras valued at over $100 a night.
- $149 per night ... most dates through April 6
- Stay in an upgraded Michigan Avenue King room
- Complimentary valet parking for one vehicle (reg. $70 per night)
- Daily breakfast credit for two (reg. $60)
What you need to know:
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; upgraded room types allow additional adults at higher rates
- Children 17 and under stay free of charge
- These rates are nonrefundable and noncancellable
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
Why We Love It
- Steps from Michigan Avenue
- Bright, airy rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows and 65-inch flat-screen TVs
- Excellent views greet guests upon arrival at the 20th-floor skyline lobby
- Bourbon drinks at on-site Baptiste & Bottle come highly recommended
Midcentury modern style meets a tech-friendly escape overlooking the Magnificent Mile at a hotel that's "as stately as they come" (The Telegraph UK). Every visit starts with a trip to the hotel's 20th-floor skyline lobby, and while you're at it, stop by the virtual-reality concierge for an Oculus VR headset tour of Chicago, including the view from atop the John Hancock.
Rooms range from the Superior King to a variety of suites and studios; the 65-inch TVs are some of the largest offered by a hotel in the city, and mornings start a little easier when the Nespresso coffee maker gets things going. Michigan Avenue View rooms let you gaze down on the Mag Mile and include granite countertops in the bathrooms, digital key entry, plenty of USB plugs for your devices, along with free Wi-Fi.
For Midwestern flavor, Baptiste & Bottle on the lobby level serves roasted chicken, lamb and steak alongside a parade of bourbon and whiskey drinks (some mixed tableside); Zagat calls it one of the best brunches along Michigan Ave.
A fitness center is also on site. Guests can reserve spa treatments at the Conrad's sister property, the nearby Waldorf Astoria Chicago. The hotel sits at the heart of the Mag Mile, with Water Tower Place and the Hancock to the north, the river and the theaters of the Loop to the south, and Navy Pier a few minutes to the east.
From the Press:
"The vibe here is all about 'smart luxury'... the Conrad has everything a modern traveler wants" -- Forbes Travel Guide
"Stimulation and serenity in balance ... sleek, midcentury-informed rooms ... lend residential ease" -- Conde Nast Traveler