When Chicago restaurants collaborate everybody wins. This April Chicago’s best neighborhood restaurant (according to the 2015 Jean Banchet Awards) has invited the city’s best Peruvian restaurant into their kitchen for a night. An April 12, Chef Jesus Delgado of Tanta has been invited to cohost a dinner party at mfk. Restaurant featuring Peruvian and Spanish cuisine.
The menu showcases dishes inspired by both international culinary cultures, including:
- Tiradito Chalaco with Peruvian scallops, yellow chili emulsion, camote, cancha, and chalaca
- Ajoblanco with crispy lardo, potato, and olive oil
- Croquetas de Carapulcra with sun dried potato croquets, crispy pork belly, and huacatay sauce
- Pescaito Frito with smelt, squid, piquillo aioli, and lemon
- Pulpito with grilled octopus, quinoa stew, chimichurri, and arugula
- Almegjas a la Marinera with clams, prawns, and paprika
- Basque Cake and Alfajores (pictured).
Guests are encouraged to stay for after dinner drinks and dancing.
This fall Tanta will return the favor when mfk.’s Chef Danny Meija brings his own Cultural Crossover menu to the River North spot.
The mfk. and Tanta dinner will take place on Tuesday, April 12, at 7pm at mfk. Restaurant, 432 W Diversey Pkway. There are only 30 seats are available for this special occasion, and tickets are $80 per person. To make reservations, please call mfk. Restaurant at 773.857.2540.