From The Source: A Curated Content Initiative
Do you have stories to share? "From the Source" offers you an opportunity to share your stories, in your own words. This curated collection of informed "Local Tourists" allows you to share your press releases and stories as-is, direct from the source. Not only does this provide additional exposure for businesses and events it also makes sure our visitors are kept up-to-date on the latest news and happenings. It's a win-win!
Why should I post my stories and press releases on TLT?
Because we're a trusted resource and thousands of people visit us each month, and thousands more follow us on social media. By posting your press releases on The Local Tourist you can get in front of this audience that's actively searching for things to do!
When you post your press release it will automatically appear in our From The Source section as well as on any individual listings you tag that are referenced in the release.
- If you're a PR company whose clients have multiple holiday events you can create your own round-up and tag all of the featured businesses. If the listings do not yet exist you can add them directly from the press release form.
- Are you a restaurant or restaurant group? Share your menus and our visitors will see what you have to offer.
- Hosting a special exhibit in your museum? By posting your press release it will not only be on your listing, it will also be included in our From the Source section.
- More examples: book store hosting an author reading, the shopping mall you represent just added some new stores - it's all news that our visitors want to know.
When you upgrade your listing (details below) you can also add categories to your press releases so they appear in the appropriate sections, i.e. Things To Do, Events, Hotels, Dining & Nightlife. Our From The Source program is your opportunity to share your news in a forum that your market is already using to find out where to go and what to do.
How long will it take me to post a press release?
Only as long as it takes to copy and paste. Add about a minute to tag some business and event listings, and another minute if you want to add a featured image (recommended - only press releases with images will have the opportunity to be promoted - see below). All together it might take you, at the most, three minutes.
How many press releases can I post?
There's no limit - post as many as you'd like!
Can anybody share press releases?
NO. This is a curated collection of sources. If you're interested in being one of our sources you'll need to fill out a quick application to be considered for this benefit. If you're approved you'll receive notification within two business days of your application (generally faster).
How much does this cost?
Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero. Participation is free! You can, however, choose to upgrade for additional promotion.
What kind of additional promotion is available?
If you really want to shine, you can upgrade your press release. When you upgrade your press release is:
- submitted to Google. While we can't guarantee rankings (no one can!) we have an excellent track record.
- posted to our 25,000+ Twitter followers. According to socialbluebook.com, this is a $183 value per tweet.
- shared on our Facebook page
- posted on our home page
- posted on our category pages
All of that promotion is only $10 per press release. (Crazy, right?) You can also choose an annual subscription so you can upgrade multiple press releases at a deeply, deeply discounted rate. Rates for the subscription are provided once your application is approved to ensure there's no pay-for-play.
How do I get started?
Fill out the application below (you must be logged in). If you're approved we'll let you know within two business days and will send you instructions on how to begin. (Don't worry - they'll be quick and relatively painless.)
More questions? Contact us and we'll be happy to answer!